"Wherever there is a fight, you'll find us right in the thick of it."
Goz was a tall muscular man with shoulder length brown hair and a Fu Manchu. He wore a blue sleeveless shirt with an orange sash along with purple pants. He was often seen carrying a large spear.
Hunter Exam arc Edit
Goz first appears during the 287th Hunter Exam, as applicant #371. He is one of the 24 candidates who pass Lippo's 3rd phase in the Trick Tower and reach the 4th phase of the exam on Zevil Island. He is the 5th person to reach the bottom of the tower simultaneously with Pokkle.
After being mortally wounded by Gittarackur in the fourth phase of the 287th Hunter Exam, Goz stumbles upon Hisoka; wishing to die in battle, he challenges him. Hisoka refuses to fight, citing a lack of interest in the dead. Gittarackur then kills him, admitting to having granted him a 'final wish' in the chance to die as he wished.
Abilities & PowersEdit
Goz was a strong and mighty warrior, capable of cutting a tree in two with only one swing of his spear, despite being mortally wounded. He is adept at stealth, so much that Gon did not notice his presence despite the two of them being very close; however, Hisoka managed to sense him.
- In Nippon Animation's anime adaptation, Goz exhibits signs of a rivalry with Bodoro, a fellow martial artist and exam participant, during the Hunter Exam. This rivalry is set aside in the dire circumstances of Lippo's "bonus stage" after the Trick Tower, in which the two assist Hanzo in reeling in Gon and Geretta during the Tsunami.
- Also in Nippon Animation's adaptation, Goz is a mercenary of Beanu who wished to have a fair duel with Hisoka instead of wishing to commit suicide.
- Goz bears a resemblance to the "Guess Who?" character Alfred.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 3, Chapter 23
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 3, Chapter 22
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 3, Chapter 26