Killua's weapon of choice is a pair of specially designed yo-yos. The yo-yos are extremely durable and heavy, each weighing 50 kilograms. They are constructed with an unnamed special metal alloy, which is also an excellent electrical conductor. Killua obtains the weapons through his brother Milluki, most likely after exiting Greed Island to retake the Hunter Exam.
In the manga, the yo-yos are printed with a six point star, or hexagram. In the Greed Island OVAs, the hexagram is changed to a pentagram, or five point star. However, later in the Chimera Ant arc, Killua is seen using a yo-yo that has a pentagram. Because Killua has two yo-yos, there is probably one yo-yo with a hexagram design and another with a pentagram.
Greed Island arc Edit
Killua first shows the two yo-yos to Biscuit as part of his preparations for the battle against the Bomb Devils, announcing his will to combine them with his Hatsu. Being the first time he uses them in combat, he experiments during his fight with Sub, doing things like running electric currents through them as a form of attack, and in turn defeating him.
Chimera Ant arc Edit
Killua uses one of his yo-yos to grab Ikalgo before the latter falls in the underground lake, where his blood-frenzied Chimera Ant subordinates would tear him apart. During the infiltration into the palace, he obliterates the heads of two insect soldiers with them to save Ikalgo's cover, although this fact leads to Welfin growing suspicious of Flutter (Ikalgo's cover). He later attacks Palm with one of his yo-yos, only for it to be crushed by the reborn woman.
- Despite their weight (50 kilograms each), Killua is often seen pulling them out of his pockets.
- Hexagrams are used in a variety of religions and cultures including Islam, Christianity, Occultism, Hinduism and especially Judaism, where the hexagram is the symbol used for "The Star of David".
- Killua briefly uses his yo-yos during the Hunter × Hunter: The Last Mission.
- Killua's yo-yos are similar to Serpent Yo-Yos used Rinku in Yu Yu Hakusho. However Rinku's yo-yos are small and have five-pointed stars.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 18, Chapter 178
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Episode 89 (1999)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 28, Chapter 293
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 15, Chapter 150
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 23, Chapter 238
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 25, Chapter 270