Kon has the stocky body of a bear and the sharp face and ears of a fox. He has brown fur and yellow eyes.
Despite Foxbears being known as aggressive and territorial beasts, Kon is very friendly and seems to understand Gon's speech. When the boy leaves for the Hunter Exam, Kon, a second foxbear, and several other forest animals come to say goodbye to him.
Hunter Exam arcEdit
Heaven's Arena arcEdit
Yorknew City arcEdit
After Gon arrives on the Whale Island accompanied by Killua, they go out to explore the forest. Killua asks if that place is where Gon's Foxbear friend lives; Gon confirms but doubts that Kon will appear because female Foxbears hate human scent so his mate would get upset, and his status as the ruler of the forest "prevents" him from hanging out with people as he would lose the respect of the other animals. As a "welcome back", Kon leaves some fresh fish for the boys where he and Gon used to play.
- In the 1999 anime series:
Translations around the WorldEdit
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 1, Chapter 1
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 6, Chapter 51
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 7, Chapter 63
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 8, Chapter 64
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter Character Design & Art Collection (1999)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Hunter × Hunter - Episode 46 (1999)
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Episode 2 (1999)