Latarza stands tall and proud. His purple hair is gathered in a number of upright bunches on his head, his left cheekbone has four large piercings, and his ears are covered by a pair of headphones. The tattoo on his right shoulder is the kanji for "Thunder" (雷) while the one on his left shoulder is the kanji for "Wind" (風). He wears a yellow open armed shirt with grey baggy pants. He also wore knee protectors (with a drop symbol [💧] on the right one and what looks like a flame [🔥] on the left one) and wrist protectors.
Greed Island arcEdit
Latarza is the first player Gon and Killua encounter upon entering Greed Island. He teleports to them using a spell and immediately takes control of the situation. Knowing that Gon and Killua are rookie players, Latarza tries to steal from Killua, but he doesn't have any cards in any of his free slots, the card dissolves and vanishes. To keep track of what cards the boys obtain in the future, he uses a Trace (G.I card) on Killua and becomes amused as Killua tries to dodge the spell. After the Trace spell manages to hit Killua, he emanates a fierce blood-lust and demands to know what Latarza did to him. Panic stricken, Latarza use a Return (G.I card) back to Masadora.
Phantom Troupe members Feitan and Phinks come across Latarza while scouting the island. Feitan kills Latarza in a single swipe and Phinks checks on his binder. Phinks notes that Latarza had a cheap Map, but had a lot of good spell cards like a Collision (G.I card).
Latarza's name is mentioned on Gon's binder, when he looks to see which players are dead or alive.
Abilities & PowersEdit
- The tattoos on his shoulders refer to Fūjin and Raijin. Coincidentally, Fūjin and Raijin are the basis of Killua's Nen ability "Godspeed".
- His headphones are of the fictitious brand SOWY (or SOMY in the 1999 anime series adaptation), which is most likely a reference to the real-life brand/corporation Sony. In the 2011 anime adaptation the headphones' brand is not shown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 14, Chapter 128
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 14, Chapter 134
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 16, Chapter 158
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 13, Chapter 121
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 27, Chapter 281