"Hm? I just want Netero to come back to life and be Chairman once again."
Linne Hors-d'oeuvre (リンネ＝オードブル, Rin'ne Ōdoburu) is a Double-Star Gourmet Hunter and is currently the oldest member of the Hunter Association. She is also an unofficial survivor of the Dark Continent.
Linne is an old woman of short stature. She has a round face covered in wrinkles. She has short blond hair parted in the middle and light-colored eyes, possibly due to some age-related sickness, since they were dark in her youth. When she was younger, her hair was more flyaway and slightly longer, a bit ruffled at the top and worn in a cowlick.
Linne appears to be a silent person. During the election, the only time she spoke she showed to be uninterested in the ballot and wished for Netero to come back to life. She still seems to be deeply attached to him. In her youth, she demonstrated her zeal and courage by accompanying him to the extremely dangerous Dark Continent.
13th Hunter Chairman Election arcEdit
Linne is first mentioned in the First Election when she finishes in 16th place, then in the Second Election she places in 13th place sharing the spot with Biscuit Krueger, and she shares 12th place with Biscuit and Cutie Beauty in the Third Election. In the Forth Election, Linne finishes in the 11th place and thus becomes one of the 16 candidates in the Fifth Election and it's mentioned that it has been 5 years since the last time her voice was heard. However in the Fifth Election she places in 11th place again and does not make the top 8. When she gives her losing candidacy speech she mentions that she'd rather have Chairman Netero come back to life and be chairman again.
Dark Continent Expedition arcEdit
Linne is mentioned by Ging when he explains to the Dark Continent Exploration Team, about when Netero, Zzigg, and herself explored the Dark Continent and felt dwarfed by the massiveness of the creatures that inhabit the place.
Abilities & PowersEdit
Linne has all the benefits granted by her status as a Double-Star Gourmet Hunter, which also denotes exceptional competence in the culinary arts. Having traveled to the Dark Continent with Isaac Netero and lived to tell the tale, she likely possessed a great deal of strength and survival skills in her youth.
- In Chapter 344, her name is written as "Linnet Audoble".
- Her name is "Linne Horsdoeuvre" in the Viz translation, without the apostrophe (') and the hyphen (-).
- Her last name, Hors-d'oeuvre, means a dish served as an appetizer before the main meal.
- In the manga she talks, saying that she'd rather have the previous Chairman come back to life and be chairman again, while in the anime she does not.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 33, Chapter 344
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 31, Chapter 326
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 31, Chapter 329
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 30, Chapter 320
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 31, Chapter 321
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 31, Chapter 323