Characters in Hunter × Hunter use a variety of weapons to help them. These weapons include:
- Fishing Rod: Gon's traditional weapon. This is the rod he uses to catch the Master of the Swamp. He is rarely shown without the rod.
- Yo-Yos: During the Greed Island story arc, Killua begins using yo-yos made of a special metal alloy in combat. The yo-yos are extremely durable and heavy, weighing 50 kilograms each. They can be used in conjunction with Killua's Hatsu as well. Killua is reluctant to use the yo-yos in combat thus using only his raw physical abilities in order for his opponent to know as little about his combat abilities as possible.
- Solitaire Cards: Used by Hisoka and enhanced by his Nen. These cards are as sharp and strong as steel.
- Umbrella: This weapon contains a concealed cane sword, and when it is sheath, the umbrella itself is revealed to be a firearm. It is used by Feitan.
- Blowgun: It fires poisoned darts that can paralyze the target for several days. Geretta prefers this traditional weapon to modern firearms.
- Blades and Knives: Such as Ben's knives and Nobunaga's Sword. Togari, Menchi, and Hisoka have demonstrated the ability to control several knives at once.
- Pipe: When he doesn't use it to manipulate smoke, Morel Mackernasey uses his pipe as a melee weapon.