Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Neo Green Life|
En Jī Eru
The people of NGL reject any form of modern technology and prevent anything created from synthetic materials from entering their country. Any smuggling of technological goods, modern medicine, or weapons is dealt with through imprisonment or death sentence. Their main form of correspondence is through use of letters while the primary mode of transport is by horse. In order to enter the country, one must go through an extensive full-body examination, x-ray scan, and ultrasound. The country was populated by 2.17 million civilians prior to its decimation.
The NGL movement was first established by Gyro at the age of 21 and fully became a nation nine years later. Gyro is also founder of the NGL's underworld; he used the isolationist policy to his advantage and created narcotics and weapons factories. He created and distributed the popular drug D². In 1987, a TV crew consisting of three people attempted to infiltrate and get coverage; the three were captured and one of them was executed while the other two remain imprisoned as of 2000. Before the Chimera Ant infestation, there was an epidemic, but the people refused for foreign doctors to be admitted into the country because they wanted to be "pristine".
The Chimera Ant Queen finds a suitable home here and begins the mass production of ants. The leader, Gyro, is among the humans killed and turned into food for the queen. Following the infestation, NGL was decimated and transformed into a permanent nature reserve. The refugees were divided among the remaining countries of the Mitene Union.
- NGL (En Jī Eru) is an anagram of the English word "energy" (enerujī).
- This country shares many similarities to real-life Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge regime. Both did not allow any form of development beyond the primary sector and punishments are dealt with severely. Neo-Luddism were both widespread among the countries. Both countries have inculcated strong, potentially self-destructive beliefs in the populace. For example, if an outbreak occurred in the NGL, citizens would not be too fazed, and would resort to "waiting it out". In Khmer Rouge's Cambodia, citizens weren't allowed to see any doctors, and many died as a result. Both countries also had shady characters leading it: Gyro and Pol Pot. The significant difference, however, is the population's willingness to subject themselves to such a regime.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 19, Chapter 188
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 19, Chapter 189
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 20, Chapter 204
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 19, Chapter 192
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 30, Chapter 318