Hui Guo Rou is an obese figure with slit eyes and a top knot. He has long, curvy eyebrows, eyelashes and mustache. He wears traditional, ornamented clothing that is adorned with jewels, which emphasizes his status as a king.
Nasubi can put on an enthusiastic facade, as seen when announcing the possibility of traveling to the Dark Continent, but this is demagogy. In truth, Nasubi seems to be cold-hearted to the point of being ruthless, since the rules he dictated in order to choose his heir force his children to kill each other, lest they be murdered. He believes that only a strong person may sit Kakin's throne, and he deems himself such. He appears to be quite lustful, on one part having taken one wife after another, some simultaneously, and fathering a total of fourteen children, on another part the appearance of his guardian beast, which features many sets of breasts across its body.
Dark Continent Expedition arcEdit
Nasubi makes his appearance on a I-Tube video, uploaded to the internet. In the video Nasubi makes an announcement a stage in front of millions of people making a controversial declaration to the Dark Continent lead by the Legendary Pro Hunter Isaac Netero's son Beyond Netero. During a meeting with the members of the V5 it's decided that the group will reorganize itself as the V6 and apart from the Voyage to Kakin they'll support the five countries from behind the scenes. Also it's decided that if the Zodiacs fail to makes proper negotiations with Beyond, then all negotiations will be shifted over to Nasubi. From a global newscast it's revealed that the Black Whale Transport Ship Mark 1 is destined to travel to the Dark Continent with thousands of people, including King Hui Guo Rou himself and his fourteen princes of Kakin. A projected image of Nasubi appears during the final phase of the 289th Hunter Exam, proctored by Cheadle Yorkshire. And sometime after the 289th Hunter Exam. It's revealed during a cellphone conversation with Benjamin Hui Guo Rou and Tserriednich Hui Guo Rou that their Father, accepted the proposal of the person who survives the voyage to the Dark Continent will become King.
It's detailed that Nasubi has eight "Legal" wives whom are not ranked in any such way and has fathers fourteen heirs, all of which are titled princes with the order that they've been given them an ordinal designation. Upon giving the traditional pot to his messenger, Nasubi explains to him that according to ancient texts the 1st King of Kakin embodied his loneliness into the traditional pot before him. So the battle for the battle for succession of the throne is tied to an ancient and honorable tradition with said pot, while unbeknownst to his children they've all have been blessed with a scared beast to protect them through the trial. And claims that a weak and frail vessel has absolutely no chance of becoming the next King.
On the day of the eve of the beginning of the exploration, a swank dressed Nasubi declares to the cheering crowd that he is the great king of Kakin and that together they will colonize the Dark Continent. He leaves by blimp and is taken on the ship. Like the rest of his family, he will reside in the 1st deck of the ship. During the departure party held on the 1st deck, Nasubi oversees the party, while sitting on a throne like chair. After two hours, he is approached by Halkenburg, who tells him he refuses to take part in the succession war. However, seeing his Sacred Beast, Nasubi simply smirks and coldly tells him to do as he wishes.
Abilities & PowersEdit
As the king of Kakin, Nasubi has authority over its citizens, wealth and, presumably, the armed forces. He is also a good demagogue.
Nasubi is guarded by a Nen beast of unknown power. This type of parasitic Nen was bestowed upon him through the pot ceremony. The Sacred Beast feeds on the aura on those it haunts and those people that have an influence on its form and ability. However, since the Sacred Beast is not created from their own body, it's not bound to the will of their host. Since he was able to see Halkenburg's own Nen beast, he is implied to possess at least basic Nen abilities of his own.
- He has a habit of ending his sentences with "Hoi!"
- His last name means "Doubled-cooked Pork Slices" in Mandarin, a popular Chinese cuisine possibly inspired by the twice cooked pork.
- Part of his first name is made up from the Japanese word for eggplant, being nasu. Coincidentally his head is shaped like an eggplant.
- In Togashi's manga Yu Yu Hakusho, an egg is given to new Spirit Detectives. After a while, a Spirit Beast will hatch from it, with its appearance, personality and powers resembling those of the one who keeps it. The whole process is very similar to the jar ceremony through which Nasubi and his children obtained their Nen beasts.
- All of Hui Gou Rou's wives have a name corresponding their number.
- Unma = Uno/Uma/Um (Spanish and Italian/Portuguese for "one")
- Droisulle = Dois/Duo/Due (Portuguese/Latin/Italian for "two")
- Tang Zao Li (Japanese: Touchourei) = Trei/Drei (Latin/German for "three")
- Katrono = Quatro/Quattro/Cuatro (Portuguese/Italian/Spanish for "four")
- Swinko-swinko = Cinco (Spanish and Portuguese for "five")
- Seiko = Sei/Seis/Sexa (Italian/Spanish and Portuguese/Latin for "six")
- Sevanchi = Seven (English for "seven")
- Oito = Oito (Portuguese for "eight")
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 32, Chapter 340
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 33, Chapter 349
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 33, Chapter 350
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 33, Chapter 342
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 33, Chapter 348
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 34, Chapter 358
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 34, Chapter 359
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Hunter × Hunter, Chapter 361
|Dark Continent Expedition Team|
|Active||Ging Freecss • Pariston Hill • Curly • Golem • Marione • Mascher • Muherr • Pekotero • Usamen|
|Members||Nasubi Hui Guo Rou|