Many real-life weapons have appeared in Hunter × Hunter. While conventional weapons are still a threat to people with weak aura or combat skills, they have been proven to be quite useless against strong Nen users or high level fighters. For example:
- Siper used a sniper rifle during the Hunter Exam to try to kill Illumi, but was easily noticed and disposed of.
- Kurapika could stop multiple bullets fired at him simultaneously from several pistols with his chain.
- Uvogin of the Phantom Troupe slaughtered a large number of armed Mafia gangsters with bare hands. He could stop a pistol bullet fired at pointblank range with his teeth; sniper rifles failed to do any damage to him; and not even an anti-tank bazooka could give him a scratch.
- Zeno Zoldyck stated that he could wipe out a hall full of armed Mafia gangsters in 6 or 7 seconds.
- During the Yorknew City arc, the Phantom Troupe massacred nearly 2,000 fully-armed gangsters in a short time with ease.
- During the Chimera Ant arc, Killua single-handedly defeated an army equipped with tanks.
- Cheetu cut off the fingers of an armed police squad who surrounded and fired at him without getting hit even once.
- Morel and Knov easily deal with an army armed with machine guns manipulated by Neferpitou.
- Cheetu also uses a crossbow made from his Nen.
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 8, Chapter 68
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 9, Chapter 75
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 11, Chapter 98
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 8, Chapter 73
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 22, Chapter 234
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 21, Chapter 218
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 24, Chapter 248