The Elite Royal Guards (
Like other Chimera Ants, the Royal Guards are born through phagogenesis, but are genetically stronger than any other soldier ant and hatch with the ability to use Nen. Other Chimera Ants refer to as 'special beings' because of the power they possess. The guards assigned to Meruem are:
They are supposed to fight the Ant King's enemies. Despite their loyalty to the biological project of domination laid out by the Chimera Ant Queen, they have no use for her person or interest in her well-being whatsoever after the birth of the King, leaving her to die despite having the power to save her.
Chimera Ant arcEdit
|This article or section is a stub.|
- As noted by Neferpitou, all three Royal Guards have been smacked by Meruem once.
- Each Royal Guard embodies a different type of loyalty, and each of them has a different attitude towards Komugi:
- Despite one momentary hesitation when the King's safety was not immediately at risk, Menthuthuyoupi's devotion is absolute and unquestioning, which is partly due to his lack of human genes. He was indifferent to Komugi prior to the explosion, but eventually accepted to keep her existence a secret when Meruem lost his memory in order to maintain the special bond that he had formed with the King after the latter fed on him, exhibiting signs of selfishness.
- Shaiapouf is more loyal to his idea of how the Chimera Ant King should be and the biological project laid out for him than the person of the King himself, to the point he acts behind Meruem's back and tries to manipulate him, attempts to harm Komugi repeatedly, and ultimately breaks down in tears when the King implies a human life is a blessing.
- Despite occasionally showing concern over Komugi's influence on Meruem, Neferpitou obeyed his orders to protect and heal her, even putting their own life at risk and offering to help the extermination team in order to prevent her from being harmed. Neferpitou acknowledged and accepted the changes Komugi caused in Meruem, stating that if she died, the King would stop being himself, and showing they remained completely loyal to Meruem despite noticing how he was diverging from what was expected of him.