Carrying the genes of a snake, he is half-human, half-serpent, and he has a cloth tied around his left arm.
Chimera Ant arcEdit
Snake, being in a town that had already undergone the selection, is assigned to watch the shore borders of The Republic of East Gorteau, along with Bat and Hollow. While Gon was resting against a tree, Snake suddenly ambushes him and tries to squeeze him to death. But Gon proves to be too strong for him; as he easily breaks free, defeats him with a single punch and ties him against the tree with his own tail.
Abilities & PowersEdit
Snake is strong enough to crush trees in his coils. He is also rather stealthy, although he failed to sneak up on Gon and was beaten by him effortlessly. Due to his snake genes he can survive without food for about 10 days, according to Gon's prediction. In battle, Snake can use his strong tail as a spring to move in and out of trees. Being a snake, he possesses pits that snakes use to sense heat, with these pits he can locate their prey in the dark and calculate their size, shape and distance only by sensing their body heat.
- Snake's name is not given in the manga.
- Gon was eating an apple or a very similar fruit under a tree when Snake attacked him; their encounter might be a reference to the myth of Adam and Eve.
- Snake's sunglasses have no arms, they rest on his face with no support other than the nose pads. Later on, upon seeing Gon effortlessly breaking free from his tail's grip meant to strangle and crush the Hunter, Snake's eyes comically bulged in shock, pushing his sunglasses forward without them falling. The joke seems to be that his sunglasses are actually glued to his eyeballs.
- In the Madhouse adaption, his eye-bulging is further exaggerated to the point of punching through the lenses.
- Snake's sunglasses also invoke the image of Morpheus from The Matrix franchise, whose signature appearance involve wearing a pair of sunglasses that have no arms.
- Snake ricocheting around the trees to build momentum before launching a critical blow at Gon only to be defeated instantly by him with a single punch, mirrors the clash between Bellamy and Luffy in Mock Town from the manga series One Piece.
- Prior to the final attack, Snake coiled his tail tightly to form a spring, which he uses to send himself flying at great speed. This coincides with Bellamy's power whereby he is able to turn his body parts into springs to gain jumping height and force.
|Members||Chimera Ant Queen • Meruem • Neferpitou • Shaiapouf • Menthuthuyoupi • Kite|
|Squadron Leaders||Colt • Zazan • Leol • Cheetu • Peggy • Meleoron • Bloster • Welfin • Bihorn • Yunju • Alligator • Turtle • Chimera Ant Octopus • Panda|
|Officers||Boki • Centipede • Flutter • Hina • Frog • Ikalgo • Mosquito • Pike • Rammot • Ortho Siblings|
|Soldiers||Baro • Bat • Bombardier Beetle Chimera Ant • Coburn • Gorilla • Gun-toting Ant • Gyro • Hollow • Inzagi • Koala • Maenore • Palm Siberia • Pell • Pig • Rhino • Shidore • Snake (Chimera Ant) • Stag Beetle • Taragette|