Sommy is a tall and slender man, with brown messy hair and thick eyebrows. He wears a black long sleeved shirt with tan pants and is often seen with his monkey hanging onto him.
Sommy is a sly man and is not against using tricks to achieve his goals. He is also condescending, calling Leorio unintelligent when he fell into his and Tonpa's trap.
Hunter Exam arcEdit
Sommy first appears during the 287th Hunter Exam, as one of the 24 candidates who pass Lippo's 3rd phase in the Trick Tower and reach the 4th phase of the exam on Zevil Island. During the fourth phase of the exam, Sommy proves to be a rather unscrupulous character when he ambushes Leorio with a giant stick from behind and as he dodges, Sommy's trained monkey steals Leorio's badge. It's then found out that Sommy partnered up with Tonpa to steal Leorio's badge. Tonpa then explains that his target was in fact Leorio and that Sommy traded the badge number sheets with Tonpa in order to deceive him. His target was Bodoro.
Sommy then insults Leorio's intelligence, by saying what they did was a simple child's game and because he fell for it, that makes him a dumb-ass. Leorio, furious at the both of them, chases after Tonpa whom runs away as Sommy climbs a tree branch to escape and tells Tonpa that they should meet up again at the starting point. Leorio and Kurapika later find and hold him, Sommy, and his monkey and take his badge, making him fail the exam and retaking Leorio's badge in the process.
Greed Island arcEdit
- In Nippon Animation's anime adaptation, Sommy's monkey betrays him and shows Kurapika where the badge was hidden.
- In the Madhouse Animation's anime adaptation, Sommy is mistakenly shown with badge #115 rather than badge #118 in some scenes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 3, Chapter 23
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 3, Chapter 25
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 3, Chapter 26
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 15, Chapter 148