The Ten Dons (十老頭, Jūrōtō), also called the Ten Mafia Dons, is the nickname for the group of the 10 Mafia leaders of the 10 territories into which the six continents of the world. In reality, they do not act by themselves, but through their special bodyguards, the Shadow Beasts, a group of the best 10 fighters within the Mafia. After Illumi killed all of them, it is unknown who will replace them in the Mafia community.
Yorknew City arcEdit
After a large number of Mafia members and auction clients in Yorknew City are massacred by the Phantom Troupe, the Ten Dons send the Shadow Beasts to deal with them, not knowing who they are. The Shadow Beasts are killed subsequently, they put large bounties on the Troupe's heads and hire professional assassins, including Zeno and Silva, to eliminate the Troupe's members. The plan failed because the Troupe's leader Chrollo Lucilfer hired other members of the Zoldyck Family: Maha, Illumi, and Kalluto to assassinate the Ten Dons, a mission that is accomplished before Zeno and Silva were able to assassinate Lucilfer. Because of their deaths, Zeno and Silva no longer consider Chrollo to be a target and leave Yorknew City.
- A source of inspiration for the Ten Dons may have been the Five Families of the New York Mafia.
- The Dons seem to have a tremendous amount of wealth since they managed to pay a hefty fee to hire both Silva and Zeno Zoldyck to deal with the Phantom Troupe.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 9, Chapter 74
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 9, Chapter 75
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 9, Chapter 80
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 10, Chapter 89
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 11, Chapter 100