2011 | 1999 | Manga
Wing has an average height and build. He has black, unkempt hair, and wears glasses. He usually wears a light pink shirt that is only partially tucked in, along with gray pants, and white shoes.
Wing is somewhat absent-minded and has a modest demeanor. He is a patient, but is also strict teacher. He is not hesitate to resort to corporal punishments such as slapping if his students act recklessly. Wing's personality seems to carry through from his youth, as Biscuit Krueger remarked that Wing often fell asleep and wore his clothes inside out. She also remarked that learning was not his strong point but that teaching may suit him.
Heaven's Arena arc Edit
|This article or section is a stub.|
Gon and Killua first encounter Wing and his student Zushi when they are competing in the Heaven's Arena. Having deceived the pair about Nen prior, Wing begrudgingly takes on Gon and Killua as students after the two reach the 200th floor such as to protect their lives from those who use Nen.
Wing gently jolts open Gon's and Killua's aura nodes and trains them seriously for several months in the Heaven's Arena. He punishes Gon for playing around during his match and restricting him from seeing Hisoka's match and using Nen for two months. After the pair finishes learning the basics, he congratulates them as they pass the secret part of the Hunter Exam, revealing he's their Examiner and that most of the other Hunter Examinees that passed are learning Nen as well.
Greed Island arc Edit
His next appearance is during the Greed Island arc when Gon calls him for advice in developing a Hatsu ability. Wing and Zushi were still at Heaven's Arena at the time. He was also mentioned by Biscuit Krueger to have been one of her former students.
13th Hunter Chairman Election arc Edit
Abilities & PowersEdit
Wing has all the benefits granted by his status as a Hunter. Basing on his knowledge and his ability to perform all the basic Nen principles with ease, it is not far-fetched to assume that Wing is a very skilled Nen user and practitioner of Shingen-ryū kung fu, due to him having been trained by Biscuit Krueger and his rank of assistant master. He is also confident that his strength and knowledge in Nen are great enough to enable him to teach others, as he believes that only a very competent person can instruct others. In fact, he is a good mentor himself. Wing has some knowledge regarding the mysterious inscription that reacts to aura, as he gave Gon a string that would instantly snap if he used Nen.
Wing is an Enhancer. His Hatsu has yet to be revealed, but he has displayed the ability to raise the volume of his voice to the point it can easily drown out microphones and greatly alarmed people around him. Even more remarkably, the simple act of laying his hand on a wall and releasing his aura caused a huge crack to form in the wall itself. He also possesses great skills in Shu, having used it on the page of a book and on some flowers to allow them to cut through a canned drink and pierce a vase, respectively.
- (To Zushi) "It's okay to want to win. But you mustn't lose sight of what really matters, and that's making it to the top floor. Impatience will only erode your potential. Get used to losing, because you will... many times."
- (To Gon and Killua) "An old proverb warns that a smattering of knowledge may leave one wallowing in greater ignorance."
- (To Killua) "I am now going to kill you. Is that all right?"
- (To Killua) "With application and effort, anyone can learn Nen. That's why care must be taken in choosing who shall learn."
- (To Gon) "Don't apologize to me!! What were you thinking?! You saw the people who were initiated by Nen!! You could've ended up like that too!!"
- (To Killua) "I don't intend to quit. In fact, there are a great many things I intend to teach you."
- "Master, what have I done? Have I awoken a terrible monster?"
- (To Gon, Killua and Zushi) "What makes you passionate? What makes you angry? Where you travel, who you meet, what you experience... they will all serve to give shape to your Nen!"
- (To Zushi) "Take confidence. You've learned faster than most people. It's just that those two boys had even rarer talent."
- He has a habit of damaging someone else's property when demonstrating how to use Nen: some examples are Zushi's canned drink, a book, a wall and a vase in their room.