Zaban City was the preliminary site of the 287th Hunter Examination. Described as a prosperous city, the streets are subsequently filled with shady dealers and scam artists. The city is known for being home to Johness the Dissector, a serial killer who maimed 146 victims with his bare hands.
A large tunnel was built 100 stories underneath Zaban City and can only be accessed through a secret entrance. It leads directly to the Numere Wetlands. The passage is more than 80 kilometers long. It is mostly flat, but more than halfway through it goes into a series of stairs. Pipes line the ceiling of the tunnel.
- In the 1999 anime series, the underground tunnel has several forks that lead to shortcuts. However, the shortcuts are lined with a hallucinogenic cedar with a special smell. Tonpa takes Leorio and Nicole to that tunnel in order to ruin their chances of passing the exam.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 1, Chapter 5
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 3, Chapter 21
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 1, Chapter 7
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 1, Chapter 6
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Episode 7 (1999)